Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's official: we're closed!

We closed on our house today at 11:30 a.m. I can't believe it only took 2 1/2 weeks to close on our house......that was a miracle. The realtor said sometimes when you are dealing with something that we had to deal with in our buyer's process (I forget what it was called), it can take up to 45 days. It was neat because we were able to let the buyer know that we hoped this home would be a blessing to her because that was what we were praying for whoever bought it. She said that it has already been a blessing so that was really encouraging.

Now we are praying that Jeremiah's truck will sell. It would be so nice to not have to worry about this while we are down there. Again, hoping that the Lord would bring along the perfect person for this truck.

Next week we are leaving for West Virginia to visit my Aunt Laura & her husband before we leave. Also, they will be taking care of our dog, Tessa, so we will be leaving her down there with them. I am looking forward to visiting with my aunt and seeing where she lives (she lives on an Angus cattle farm) but not so much about saying goodbye to Tessa.

Christmas is quickly approaching and with all that has been going on I have barely had time to reflect on the meaning of this wonderful holiday. As a Christian, I am so thankful for God sending His Son to this messed up world so that He could make a way for us to have a relationship with God. There is no longer that feeling in my heart that something is missing in my life since I asked Jesus into my heart AND decided to live my life for Him. I am forever grateful for His mercy and grace.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas & are able to make the time to celebrate the true meaning behind the holiday!

God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Serah- I'm so glad you're doing this blog. I had no idea you had been doing it for so long. It's a wonderful little manuscript of how the Lord has guided you, your faith, and your patience. I've just been scanning through your updates and have been so encouraged of how things have come to be- I didn't know the whole picture, I do now. I did notice it was the new year and no posts... then again you may not have internet access at Caleb's (?) I was thinking of the two of you today as I was applying plastic to my windows (lots of time to thing, very boring job)- and wondering what you needed from us. Obviously prayer, but let me know if anything else. Love ya, Karen