Thursday, December 6, 2007

Prayers answered & lifted up!

So I can't believe that we are actually going to Peru. It is so exciting. We are trying to remember to live for TODAY and what God is showing us TODAY instead of looking too far ahead. We can't stunt our growth because we are waiting to get to Peru.

I was just talking with Jeremiah and he was talking about what an amazing work God has done in our lives since we stepped out to go to Peru. We have definitely grown stronger in our relationship with one another and with our individual relationships with the Lord.

He said he will never forget seeing me bent over crying because I didn't think we were going to get to go to Peru. We got the offer on our house like 2-3 days later. He couldn't believe I was crying because we weren't going to get to go to a 3rd World country. Sounds strange, huh?!

Jeremiah has been such an encouragement through this whole process. He has been so strong in his faith and someone I could look to and lean on. It has been awesome to see him grow so much in the Lord and so quickly. I am excited to see how the Lord is going to use him and I am so thankful for him.

The appraiser is coming tomorrow to appraise our house. I pray that everything works out okay with the appraisal and the home inspection. Once our house has been appraised, we can start packing and moving our things.

We will be moving into Caleb's house until we leave in January.

For Christmas, my grandma is giving us 2 airplane tickets to Miami and then we can purchase our flights to Lima, Peru from there. She got 2 free tickets for buying $240 worth of Dockers clothes. Then we have $4oo reduction on our tickets through a promotion with our American Express card. If we can get the flight to Miami, then my grandma will be saving us over $900. I pray that we will be able to get a flight to Miami on those dates.

Yesterday, I purchased our health insurance for our trip down there. I found some reasonable rates and feel blessed that the Lord led me to them. That saved us like $330.

We put an ad in the Journal Review to sell our truck so hopefully someone will buy it before we leave. I pray that the Lord would bring along the perfect person to buy the truck and that it would be a blessing for them. We are willing to sell it below Blue book value so it would be a good deal for someone.

No comments: