Monday, January 14, 2008

The haircut











Hola!









Well I just thought I would give a quick update before we leave. A lot has happened since my last post. We got all moved into Caleb's then the day after Christmas we left for West Virgina to visit with my Aunt Laura & Uncle Al. They have been a huge blessing in that they agreed to take our dog Tessa. It was so hard leaving her but I was relieved to know she has an awesome home. She is now living on approx. 4 acres with grazing cattle. I hope to attach some pics of the cattle farm & my aunt laura....if I can figure it out! We had a wonderful time visiting my aunt and uncle. They are truly blessed to live in such beautiful country! This pic is of my Aunt Laura w/ their pet cow, Soozee!

Another praise is that we sold our truck! Yeah! We had been praying that our truck would sell before we leave so that would be one less thing to think about! The Lord sold it for a good price and we are so thankful!

The big news is that I decided to chop my hair off! I have always wanted to be brave enough to go short but I NEVER EVER thought I would go through with it. BUT I DID! YEAh....and I love it! I hope you all like it too! It is going to be so low maintenance for Peru. I hope you all like it too!

I didn't exactly get the pictures placed the way I wanted too but I will figure it out next time!
Only 7 more days until we leave for Peru! Our church is having a going away party at Chapel Books this Saturday at 7 p.m. if any of you would like to come.
God Bless!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Serah, you're so beautiful and have such great features, you can pull off any hair length. This looks great! I think you'll find that short hair helps (or forces) build confidence-- nothing to hide behind! So glad you sold your truck and that things are continuing to fall into place.

Unknown said...

I love your hair! What a gutsy girl. And congrats on selling the truck! Wow, one confirming sign after another. I'm so sorry I missed your party before you left. Thanks for sharing your blog so I can keep up with you!
Blessings galore...

Marcy said...

Serah, Oh My! I love your hair. I was shocked at first when I opened the blog today to see the photo with you and the little girls from Peru, but wow. I would never had thought you would go that short, that was my college cut. Very low maintenance and you'll love not having to deal with it every morning.

Wishing you safe travels while in Peru.

Anonymous said...

We love the due...or is it dew... or doo. Hope you guys are having a wonderful time. Hope to hear from you soon. we are praying for you guys.