Monday, August 20, 2007

The earth shakes!

Wow! I can't believe it! Only a couple of weeks after we decide to step out and go to Peru, there is an 8.0 earthquake only 90 miles South of Lima!

It is sad to think of all of the people affected by this earthquake but at the same time it is exciting to think of hearts that may be more prepared to hear about the hope & peace of Jesus. We are so excited to see how God might be able to use us to touch lives there!

There are many people asking if we still plan to go, "the answer is YES, personally, I can't wait to go now!" But all in God's timing!

I am not much of a daring person, in fact, I have spent most of my life being afraid! So I am shocked to realize that God has protected me from being fearful about going after hearing about the earthquake. I am resting in the fact that the Lord holds my life in his hands and he knows the number of my days!

Lord, please be with us as you strengthen our faith and pull us closer to you! I pray for the Peruvian people, break them to the point where they have no where else to turn except into your loving arms! Give them your supernatural peace, hope, & joy! Keep the people at the college safe and show them how to care for the victims of this earthquake so that they might see your love through them! I love you, Lord! In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: