Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A LEAP of faith! (continued)

So, I went to the internet and checked out both schools. I immediately fell in love with the Peru campus! There vision was totally geared toward missions and getting you out there to experience the life of a missionary and how to minister to the people. Peru is also building a Calvary orphanage......which is so awesome! I went ahead and e-mailed both schools and didn't hear back from them. I wanted to know if they had married housing and a few other questions.

Finally, I decided to e-mail the campus in California to see if they could send me some information. Someone wrote back saying that we should continue to contact the Peru campus, it would be best for married couples and that we would truly be blessed in our time there. He said we would be thrust into ministry.

Peru wrote back shortly after saying that they had married housing but we would need to apply early in order to ensure our room. He also said that the cost would be $1,400 less a semester as long as Jeremiah was enrolled as a full-time student and I worked 20 hours per week at the college. In addition, I would be allowed to attend classes for free. How cool is that?!

The Brazil campus wrote back shortly after saying that they do not have married housing. I believe this was God closing a door. Thank you Lord!

The gentleman we were in contact with at the Peru campus was so kind and helpful. He even gave some of his and his wife's testimony as to when they applied to go to bible college in Austria. They had to sell their home too, and he said it didn't sell until a month before the semester began. He said he worried terribly about it but the Lord worked it out perfectly! It was such an encouragement to know that we weren't the only "crazy" people around! My hope is that we can have peace and faith through this whole process so that we can look back and not regret our lack of trust in the Lord!

Jeremiah and I talked and prayed and decided to step out in faith by applying to the Peru bible college and trying to sell our home! Now to tell our family of our decision.

No comments: