Friday, August 3, 2007

A LEAP of faith! (continued)

Okay, where was I at? Oh yes, delaying the passport.

So the Lord really began to speak to me about having something different & unique for us, and about us going on an adventure with Jesus! Shortly after, a missionary that our chuch supports from Kyrgyzstan, Jed Gourley and his family, came to the states for their summer furlough. He spoke at church and came and spoke at the weekly bible study we attend on Tuesday nights. One of the things he mentioned for people that are interested in missions was the missions training program in Vajta, Hungary at the Calvary Chapel Bible College. This really sparked my interest!

So I checked out their web-site, brought the information home for Jer to look at, and I was all excited! I thought this would be awesome. Jer looked at it, didn't seem too excited......and said "It is something I will pray about". I actually started getting teary because he didn't react with the excitement that I had hoped....haha! I didn't think it was something he would REALLY pray about. Then Jer and Caleb (his brother) met with Jed and they prayed about their desires for missions. Jed mentioned the bible college again.

I finally decided to take care of getting my passport renewed......my heart was excited and I could sense we were on the verge of something! I didn't know what it was but I was excited nonetheless!

A couple of weeks pass and Jer and I are on our way to a family camping trip when he says he wants to talk to me, he says, "I have been thinking and praying and think the Lord is leading us to go to that bible college and sell our home. What do you think about that?" I said, I am for it, that is awesome!

Then after I started thinking about it, I started to panic a little. I thought, okay, I have talked about this, dreamt about this, and hoped for this.....but this could really happen....YIKES!! So I prayed that if this is what the Lord wants from us that he would make it obvious and give me peace in my heart! That night we go to Sunday evening church and Dave's message was a total encouragement to "step out in faith". We both felt the Lord was speaking directly to us, through Dave!!

Then, I still had my doubts.....so I continued to pray for confirmation to sell our house! That evening as I was reading my devotion for that day, it was talking about stepping out in faith and the scripture that popped out at me was Haggai 2:9 "The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts." I thought, PRAISE the LORD! That was the reassurance I needed.

I shared the scripture with Jeremiah and he was encouraged as well. A couple of days later, Jer was telling a friend about what we were planning to do and his friend said "That is awesome, you never hear anything bad about the colleges in Hungary, Germany, Brazil, and Peru. Jeremiah said his heart lept when he heard Brazil & Peru, and couldn't believe the excitement he had within. He asked Jake more about those schools and said they were both huge on children's ministry and orphanage ministry (which my heart has always wanted to serve in an orphanage). Jeremiah said he couldn't wait to call and tell me the excitement he experienced and that the Lord may be leading us somewhere else! Jer said he had been praying that the Lord would give him an excitement for a people or country so we could have more direction on where He wanted us to serve.

MORE LATER!!

No comments: