Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Waiting.........

So the "For Sale" sign is up in our yard, my boss knows, neighbors know and now we do the hard part..................WAIT for the Lord to do it all! As I am writing this I am thinking, why do I think it is the hard part. It should be easy if I truly believe God is going to DO it all and it is out of my hands! Well, thank you Lord for showing me that it is easy if I give it all over to you!

Anyways, the Lord has been speaking to me through the people around me in order to build my faith and trust in Him during this time. It is easy to start worrying and wondering if we are CRAZY! But I am resting in the fact that God is faithful and He won't allow me to go through anything that I can't handle! Praise the Lord!

This morning as I worried about telling my boss, I received an e-mail from my Aunt Laura and this is what it said:

Hey Beautiful! I thought this was so awesome this morning in my reading of "The Purpose Driven Life", NOT that you are too old or Jeremiah is too young....you'll see what I mean after I type this paragraph...it really spoke to me about you two...Here it is..
"Whether it was Sarah claiming she was too old to be used by God or Jeremiah claiming he was to young, God rejected their excuses. "'Don't say that,' the Lord replied, 'for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don't be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and take care of you.' "
Wow! I just thought that was amazing that both of your names(even though yours is spelled diff)were used in the context that they were!!
Here is a good scripture that goes along with it!
"Send us around the world with the news of your saving power and your eternal plan for all mankind." Psalm 67:2.
I love you both so much and hope you have a blessed day and know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers!
Aunt Laura
P.S. Please share this with your hubby, ok?


Sorry, Laura, I hope you don't mind me sharing this with everyone but it was such a blessing and yet another way the Lord confirmed His desires for us.

Then later in the afternoon I received an e-mail from Jeannie saying she thought the following spoke to our decision to GO!.......
Come and Go
Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel out of Egypt.Exodus 3:10
Recommended Reading
Exodus 3:9-14Come now, and go.
That's the essence of the Gospel message. We're to come to God and find eternal life, abundantly given. Then we're to go. Notice the first two letters of the word GOspel. Notice the first two letters of the word GOd. This is our great GOal in life—to GO for GOd with the GOspel.
Perhaps the Lord is calling you to ministry or to missionary service, or to take a short-term trip with your church, or to enroll in an evangelistic training program. Maybe you feel an inner urge to volunteer for your church's visitation program.
God wants to send us to certain pharaohs who need His message.
Unfortunately, Moses' response was, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh?" Moses finally went, of course, but not without considerable arguing about it.
When the Lord calls you to a mission, whether large or small, don't argue. Just step out in faith and leave the rest to God, and He will use you for GOod.
If by a still, small voice He calls to paths I do not know,I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in Yours,I'll go where You want me to go.Mary Brown


WOW! Isn't God so cool! He knows exactly what I need to hear and when I need to hear it! So I am going to do my best to sit back & watch God work because He is in control!

Father, thank you for showing me how easy it can be to wait when I allow you to do the work instead of worrying about everything and trying to figure out how it will all fall into place. I pray you will help me to apply this to my life as we WAIT on your work in our lives! Forgive me for not trusting in you! I love you! Use me today to touch the lives of others! In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: