Friday, August 3, 2007

A LEAP of faith!

I want to share how the Lord has prepared our hearts and lead us along the way to take this leap of faith!

Jeremiah & I have had a desire put in our heart for foreign missions. We have talked about it since before we were married,on September 3, 2005. During the past 2 years the Lord kept stirring our hearts each time we would read about, talk about, or hear someone speak about foreign missions. We would get really excited about the idea, but fear would always take over.

Last March/April Jeremiah and I started talking about making more money and the idea of him getting a job at SDI or Nucor Steel where he would within a couple of months be making more than 2times what he currently makes. It was a struggle, we got really excited about all the things we could do to our house, what we could buy, etc. and at the same time talking about the good things we could do with the money. Then the Lord began to convict us individually that this was not what he wanted for us and that He has something even better! The Lord showed me that this was a fork in the road and if we go down this road our life will be one way...good, but that if we go the other we will be going toward all that God has for us.

Jeremiah came to me and said he didn't think this was what the Lord was leading Him to do. He said he felt God was showing him we were at a "fork in the road". Immediately, I was thinking NO Lord, but I want more money and security! Thankfully, though I admitted to Jeremiah that the Lord was showing me the exact same thing.

Once we shut that door we became very excited for what God might have for us! Jeremiah applied for a passport because we decided we wanted to go over to Kyrgyzstan for a short-term missions trip, because that is where the only missionaries we knew lived and served. I delayed at getting my passport renewed as the fear crept in.

MORE TO COME LATER!!

No comments: