Monday, September 10, 2007

Learning to Trust in the Lord!

Well, it has been over a month now since we decided to step out in faith to pursue enrollment at the bible college in Peru. Our home has been for sale for a month. Things have been pretty quiet, I am trying to be patient in waiting for God's answer and having faith that no matter what all is in His hands. I have to admit, what I fear most is the possibility of us stepping out and nothing happening.....and then feeling foolish! I was thinking about this though and the Lord reassured me that it is better to step out and look foolish than to be disobedient and not look foolish. How will we ever know if God wants us to go to Peru or not unless we step out? Sometimes the only way that Paul knew where he was supposed to be, by knowing where he wasn't supposed to be.

My patience has been wearing thin with the lack of prospects for our home. Jeremiah is very good at redirecting my focus back on the Lord when I lack faith that our home will sell if we are supposed to go. I am praying daily for the quick sale of our home, and for patience in the meantime.

I have been having some really great times with the Lord and have been so blessed. Through all of the waiting and wondering God has really shown me how much I need Him, even in the small things. Even if we don't go to Peru, I am so thankful for this time spent with the Lord as He increases my faith and trust in Him.

Lord, thank you for how you comfort me daily with your peace, hope, and joy! I pray you would continue to humble me and keep me in a place of continual reliance on You, for ALL things! I pray I would be like an infant, who relies on its parents for all of its needs and trusts that they will provide. Lord, continue to bring Jeremiah & I closer as a couple and bless our marriage. I pray you would show me daily how to submit to my husband in a godly manner. Prepare us for whatever ministry you have for us. Place the desires in our hearts for the things you would have us do! Fill us with your Holy Spirit! Also, I pray for peace and faith in waiting for you to answer on whether we are to go to Peru or not, on selling our home and being accepted to the bible college. Father, let your will be done! In Jesus' name, Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.