Monday, November 5, 2007

Waiting............

We had a second garage sale this past weekend and sold a few more of our things. On Friday, we went to the Phil Wickam concert at Sacred Grounds. It was a really great time worshipping the Lord. I don't think I have ever felt so comfortable worshipping the Lord in public. When we got home from the concert that evening, it really hit me that ever since we stepped out to go to Peru, my walk with the Lord has been all about me and what the Lord can do for me. As I reflected on how wonderful the Lord is, I repented of my selfish attitude and my thinking that He owes me something for wanting to serve Him.

I have been struggling lately with being patient. Everytime I start worrying or having a negative attitude, I have to put everything back into perspective. It is definitely a battle and it seems to be going on constantly in my mind.

Lord, help me, I have no idea what is going on. Help me to rest in that. Give me peace and patience to see your plan unfold as you will. Thank you for being by my side. In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: