Monday, November 26, 2007

Vacation, Open House & Thanksgiving

Well, I have had the last week off of work and boy have I been busy. Sunday the 18th we had an open house and had two families show up. The second family seemed really interested and was asking us when we could be out and everything. We never heard from them so I guess they found something else.

My sisters came to stay the night Tuesday and we had a nice time visiting. Wednesday we went to my mom's Thanksgiving in Bainbridge. Thursday we spent Thanksgiving with my family at the Holiday Inn and then with Jeremiah's family at Adrianne's. It was a nice time visiting with everyone. I definitely ate my fair share of turkey and now I am paying the price.

Friday morning we woke up at 2:45 a.m. to try and buy a laptop on sale at Best Buy. It was a fun little adventure. When we got there we realized we were probably out of luck because the people were lined up outside the building at 4 a.m. Some people even brought their tents and slept there over night. The store was not even opened yet and they had already given out all the tickets for computers. We were able to buy a Dell on sale at Super Wal-Mart. I love it and am so thankful for it!

Later that day we got a call from a realtor who wanted to show our house to a couple Saturday afternoon. We didn't really think too much about it but I guess you are always kind of thinking that if God is going to sell our house, then this could be it!

I woke up early Saturday morning to start cleaning the house and getting it ready for the showing. They arrived at 1:05 p.m. Saturday morning with their realtor, Gina Reagan. They looked around asked us a few questions said they loved it and would go back to the realtor's office and run some numbers.

Gina called us back in an hour or so and said that we should expect an offer later that afternoon. Well, we waited and waited, but we never heard anything. Jeremiah called to get an update, she called back and said that Jackie Thompson had a death in the family and wouldn't be able to work on it until the next day. So we waited all day Sunday and heard nothing. Jeremiah called her again for an update and she said that she hadn't heard from Jackie, the mortgage person, so she said she hopes to hear something on Monday.

We are a little confused about the process at this point as to why they have to get a hold of Jackie to make an offer but we hope to hear something today. I am excited to see what God is going to do. It seems as if we are at the brink of discovering whether or not He is opening the door to Peru.

Lord, I pray you would guide us during this process and that Jeremiah and I would be in agreement during the selling process. You are in control, help me to remember that. Thank you for all you have already done for us! Your will be done! In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: