Thursday, November 8, 2007

Approaching deadlines

We just received an e-mail from the Bible College that listed the deadline for submitting the $600 non-refundable deposit. The deadline is December 21st, which gives God a little over a month to sell our home. If we go, we will be leaving a lot earlier than I had originally thought. The first day of orientation is January 26th so they ask that you arrive no later than January 25th. It is exciting to know that we may not have to wait as long as we thought to know whether God is going to open or close this door.

Jeremiah and I have been talking a lot about it lately and he has really encouraged me that we need to rejoice in the fact that God is going to show us His will either way and that we will at least know where we are not supposed to be. He could close the door to Peru because he has something even more perfect for us.

It has been awesome that every message I have heard at church, bible study, and on the radio has been in regards to faith and how waiting on the Lord causes Him to build character in my life for His glory. I need to rejoice in this!

We did lower the price of our house to $92,000 and we may go even lower still if we don't get any calls.

These past months, even though they have been trying at times, have definitely brought me to a closer reliance on the Lord. It has also brought me closer to Jeremiah and God has been showing me lately how much Jeremiah loves me.

Father, thank you for these last few months and all that you have taught me! I pray you would continue to give us strength and patience as we wait to see a door open or close. Thank you that I can trust in You and know that my life is in your hands. I am so comforted to know that You know what is best for Jeremiah and I. I pray you would work quickly! In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: