Sunday, August 22, 2010

a place to call home....eventually

On Friday we closed on a home that we bought for $25,000.....yes, that is right.....$25,000! What a blessing! It is small and needs a lot of work but even with everything we are putting into it we will definitely get our money back and more when we go and sell it. It is probably not a house that we will be able to live in for a long time since it is so small but we are going to make due for as long as possible.

My grandpa is overseeing the project and doing various things that no one else knows how to do AND he is doing it all free of charge.....seriously, WHAT A BLESSING! My uncle and dad will be helping too along with Jeremiah and his brother Caleb. It doesn't look like we will have to pay much for labor, mostly just the materials to get it done. The Lord truly is blessing us and it is humbling because we are so undeserving!

There is a lot of work to do so it has been a struggle ALREADY (it has only been 3 days that we have owned it) not to get overwhelmed.....The Lord is reminding me though that this is a blessing from Him and that He is going take care of all the details AND that I just need to take it one day at a time!

Eventually, I will post before and after pics but not until I have the after pics:) We plan to be in the house by Christmas BUT HOPING to be in by November 1:) As exciting as all of this is, I have to remember to keep my focus on the Lord or else I am going to get sooo distracted. Lord, help me!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

That's awesome, Serah! I can't wait to see the before/after pics!