Sunday, August 8, 2010

1st Dr. appointment tomorrow!


Tomorrow morning I will have my first O.B. appointment.....I think I am 16.5 weeks along...so it will be interesting to find out if I am right. You ask, "Why so late with the appointment?".....well, I have been going crazy here b/c my pregnancy insurance wasn't effective until August 1 and my doctor's office wouldn't even let me make an appointment until they knew I had insurance. I know it seems silly but it has been tough to wait so long. For me, pregnancy just doesn't seem that real until you hear baby's heartbeat, see the baby on the sono, and feel the baby move. At least I have felt this little one move but he/she still doesn't move too much. I am hoping they will want to schedule an appointment right away to date the pregnancy like they did at my 1st appointment when I was pregnant with Israel....last time they tried to get one the same day but ended up being the following day. So, there is a possibility I could see baby tomorrow or the next and possibly find out the sex.....YAY!

On another FUN AND CRAZY to think about note, I haven't been able to get the idea out of my head that there could be two in my belly. I know I am not that big and it is more than likely NOT the case but.....there have been too many mentions of twins from random people throughout this whole pregnancy to make me wonder. That coupled with the fact that I read a random fact that you are 9 times more likely to conceive twins if you are breastfeeding at conception AND my grandma told me that her grandma was a twin but her twin died at birth (twins can run in the mother's side of the family), AND I prayed for twins when I was pregnant with Israel...yikes! I am not really hoping for twins this time unless it is God's will;)...actually the thought frightens me but I just thought I would record my thoughts on this BEFORE the ultrasound......just in case...haha!

Well, I will update tomorrow and tell how it all goes!

No comments: