Tuesday, December 28, 2010

36 weeks 5 days, dr appointment

Today I started my weekly dr appointment's. They did the group B strep test. I was negative last time and I hope that I am again......so I don't have to go to the hospital as early when I go into labor. He said that I am 2 cm dilated but didn't mention anything about effacement...that is more progress made than I did last time on my own. I am hoping that I can go into labor on my own this time and experience the excitement of realizing, "okay, today is the day!" and of knowing that it was the day baby was ready to come into the world. But I had a pretty easy induction last time so if I have to be induced again I don't think I will be as disappointed as I was last time.

He also said he thought baby was probably around 7.5 lbs at this point...and that babies average about 1/2 pound a week in the last month.....looks like another big baby if I go till my due date!!

Even though these last 2-3 weeks have gone pretty slow I still can't believe I will be the mother of 2 beautiful babies in about 3 weeks or so:) It is such a huge responsibility and can be overwhelming at times but it is also such a joy to be blessed with little ones.

1 comment:

Meg said...

How exciting to be 2 cm dilated!! I can remember the feeling of being uncomfortable and ready to have the baby out so I can relate to these last few weeks! Hang in there mama. Soon you will have that baby girl in your arms and be a beautiful family of four :)