Monday, April 26, 2010

signing more

Today at lunch I was feeding Israel chicken nuggets and I am pretty sure he was signing "more". I just recently started signing "more" and "all done" to him so I feel encouraged to teach him a few more signs. He likes to communicate and he is very good about "talking/babbling" and reaching toward something to communicate what he wants instead of whining or crying. Before I had kids, I thought teaching kids to sign was silly but I see the value in them being able to communicate their needs/wants before they can say a lot of words. When I sign to him I always say the word along with the sign so he can learn the word too.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I use to think the same thing about signs until I had Jack. I am glad that he knows more and all done. I am trying to teach him 'help' rather than whine so that may be a good one to teach too! Good luck with it! It is fun to communicate with them before they get their verbal skills.