Friday, June 18, 2010

busy June

We have had a lot going on and June has been and will continue to be crazy packed with things we are committed to. First off, we found out May 26 that we are expecting baby #2...I think everyone that reads this already knows but I'll write it anyway. I think I am around 9 weeks along that makes me due sometime around January 20. With the exception of a few queasy moments here and there and being more tired than usual I haven't really felt like I am pregnant. I guess I will count my blessings and hope it stays that way:) The morning I found out, Jeremiah had the day off work so when he was still in bed Israel and I made an early morning trip to the store and I also picked up a test. I took it when I got home and 2 lines appeared right away. I was so shocked...I don't know why but I was.....I went in to tell Jeremiah, he was still half asleep when I told him Israel was going to be a big brother......he didn't understand for awhile....later he said he was trying to figure out who was pregnant in order for Israel to be a brother....lol....he was definitely still asleep. We are both very excited!

Then we had Israel's dedication and a birthday party all on his birthday...June 6th. It was a great 1st birthday for a little guy. We had a cookout with our family and watched him open presents and dig into his very own basketball cake.

We just got back from a 3 night-4 day vacation at Brown Co State Park. It was a great time. We stayed in a family cabin that sleeps 8 and has a kitchen, bathroom, and AC. We went with Jeremiah's parents, his brother Caleb, sister Claudia, and a niece and a nephew. We went hiking, swimming, and shopping in Nashville. It was so beautiful there....and you don't really feel like you are in Indiana anymore! The cabin rates are really reasonable if you are splitting the price with other families...I would recommend it to anyone.

This Saturday and the next we have weddings to go to. And, next week we are going with our church youth group to youth camp at the Higher grounds conference center. I think this will be a memorable June but it sure does make me tired just looking at the calendar:)

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!!

No comments: