Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ministry




Hola!
On Thursday, I went with the English pastor, Rick, and his wife, Beth, to a conversation club. This is at an institute where around 30,000 people are studying English. As one of their classes they have people come in and talk to them in English so they can practice what they have learned. Also, we are allowed to talk to them about the gospel and can invite them to church. This time Jesus didn't come up but they were invited to church. Beth said it is important also to make friends with the people.
At first, I was really scared to go because Jeremiah couldn't go this week and I didn't know what it would be like. But I felt that the Lord wanted me to trust Him and be obedient by going to this meeting. Afterwards, I was glad that I went because it wasn't even scary AND it is an awesome opportunity to be able to talk to people about the Lord. I pray that my time their would be fruitful and the Lord would bless it. Please join with me in praying for Rosa, she is one of the ladies I met on Thursday and we talked a lot.
This week we were assigned our weekly ministries and we were assigned to Chorillos. Chorillos is a district in Lima and is in the slums. We just got back from there and will be going there every Saturday to help with the children's ministry. These children come from poor families but I couldn't get over how clean most of them were.
We basically just play with the kids, help them with coloring/art projects, and try to keep them involved in the lessons/songs. It was such a blessing to be around these children. They were all so excited to be there and were so welcoming to all of the gringos.
We are both doing really well! Please don't forget about us down here, we really need your prayers. We are praying for everyone back at home too.
Some requests:
-Protection
-To learn Spanish, maybe even have someone offer to teach us
- To be good stewards of our time
- To grow in the Lord
- To be lead by God in what we are to do after this semester
- To be thankful for this opportunity the Lord has given us
We love you guys!
Serah & Jeremiah
P.S. The first picture is of Jeremiah at the bible college (just outside of our apartment), the second picture is of me and the ministry in Chorillos, and the third picture is of the neighborhood we went to for the ministry. I will be posting the rest of our pics on our picture page (www.adventureswithjesus.shutterfly.com)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Serah and Jeremiah! This is the first chance I've had to check out your blog. It looks like things are going well for you.

I love you and miss you both! You're in my thoughts and prayers.