Monday, March 15, 2010

9 months and randomness


Oh man.....my baby is getting so BIG! I can't believe he is 9 months already. When I had him, in my head I couldn't even imagine him older than 6 months. He has grown a lot in his social interactions in the last couple of weeks. He likes to look at me and laugh for no apparent reason, just to watch me laugh back at him....HAha...it is funny! He is now handing me items, upon request and randomly. He will also feed me his Cheerios...lol....sometimes, just when he feels like sharing. The last couple of weeks have been tough on him...he has been trying to cut his top two teeth for the past month...finally last week the top left one broke through, the other is so close. He went through a growth spurt and grew 1.5 inches in less than 2 weeks. And he was sick for the first time...it started with a cold: sneezing, snotty nose, dry cough...then he ran a 102 degree fever off and on for 3 days....as a result would wake up every night around 2,3, or 4 and couldn't go back to sleep unless I held him.....I have to admit, I loved the cuddling, even if it was in the middle of the night. Then, once the fever went down he broke out in a rash all over his body. I did some research and this is the exact symptoms of roseola....they get a cold, then a fever, then a rash. Nothing you can do, except Tylenol for the fever, it is a virus and has to run its course. He is still nursing 4 to 5 times a day so the nursings seemed to help calm him in the middle of the night.


He is now 30.5 inches long and 20 lbs 4 oz. He is pulling up on everything and today he even started stepping up on things while he is holding something, to make himself taller....he stepped up on two different toys and on daddy's head....lol! I love him so!!


In other news....I found a web-site that I really like that I want to share about homemaking that has sample schedules and ideas for cleaning routines. It is at http://www.flylady.net/

She has a lot of good ideas on there for making and keeping a home more presentable.


I am learning to knit....currently, I am almost done with my scarf and am also working on a throw. They both actually look really good so far. It has been a lot of fun to have something to do with my extra time. I have also been working on a scrapbook of Israel's first year that I plan to be a gift for his 1st birthday...something he will enjoy down the road.


Oh, and how about that sunshine and those few warm days we had last week. A wonderful preview of what is to come. So excited for summer to get here and to play outside with Israel. I took him out on those few warms days....he got so excited and giggly as the sunshine and wind hit his face. I just know he is going to have a blast exploring this summer....good thing we have a GIANT yard!


Well, that is all for now! God bless!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Where did the time go? 9 months already! Happy 9 Months Israel!

Jeremiah said...

I know, right!? I guess the saying is true....time flies when you are having fun:)