Monday, January 11, 2010

A better version of me............

Last evening I was thinking about my life and how I want to be better. Lately, I have felt like a failure in so many areas. One area in particular is the organization area that I posted on a few months ago. I want to be a better housewife, a better mom, a better friend, a better Christian. I want to be more creative, I want to discover the gifts God has given me and to USE them! I want to have order in my home. I tend to get inspired by other people and how they do things in their homes or in their lives then I try and implement them into our lives. Then most of the things that I get excited about, I don't stick with......then I feel like a failure. I was thinking about all of this and it was like the Lord was showing me that I am not looking to Him to discover how He wants me to be a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, and a better Christian. I have been attempting to imitate others instead of imitating Christ. I have been doing these things in my own strength instead of by the power of the Holy Spirit. I believe the Lord gave me this poem as a reflection of what He was showing me.

I want to be better
A better version of me,
With every attempt comes failure
Trying to be
Not wanting to be
Unable to change
All my efforts are wasted
Until I remember.......................
To be a better version of me,
Is through Christ who strengthens me!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Thank you for this post!! I often feel the same way and you wrote it nicely. I really like the poem. Thanks for sharing! P.S. I know God has blessed you with many gifts and I find you truly inspiring!

Jeremiah said...

Thanks Meg!! I am glad you enjoyed it!