Monday, October 5, 2009

4 months


Israel is 4 months old now and we are seeing more and more of his personality. He is such a blessing and I thank God every day for him! He is very quiet and serious when we take him out in public...we are not sure yet if he is going to be shy or if he is just observing his new surroundings. He loves his daddy and loves to watch him...it is so cute! When I am nursing him he will stop and turn his head if he hears his daddy's voice. As of now he is working on rolling from his back to his belly. He can roll onto his side but he still hasn't went all the way yet.

In other news, I have started to write out the Bible and I have to say that it has been awesome so far. Writing out the words of the Bible helps me to really think about what I am reading and the Lord has really been working on my heart about some things. I know...this is going to take me forever! I got the idea from this guy I was listening to and he said he has been doing it for 9 years and he is only in the Psalms. But he said his written Bible with his personal notes is his most treasured possession. That is how it should be, after all, the Bible is THE WORD OF GOD!

We are still leading the youth group and are really starting to get to know the kids. Starting this week, Jeremiah's parents are going to watch Israel during youth group so that I can be more involved. We are actually going to separate the guys and gals, while Jer leads the guys and I lead the gals. I think it will be an opportunity to get more comfortable with one another and to open up a little more.....I am looking forward to it! Although I am a little nervous because I am not too sure what I will be teaching them as of yet. This week I am just going to share with them about myself and how I came to know the Lord!

In closing, I have to say I am so thankful to the Lord for my husband and little boy! I have such an amazing husband who truly desires to please the Lord and now we have our love to share with Israel. My prayer is that each day Israel will see the love of Jesus in our lives....even now!

No comments: